|Dag & Red||0–2||3–0|
Rovers faced Oldham Athletic on September 4th 2010. Following the 4-0 defeat to Southampton the previous Saturday, manager Paul Trollope made four changes to the lineup. Mikkel Andersen, who's loan had been extended during the week, was unable to get back to England after representing Denmark U21s the previous evening, so Mike Green made his first league appearance for Rovers. Carl Regan returned to the starting lineup, replacing James Tunnicliffe. Wayne Brown was suffering from an injury, so Dominic Blizzard took his place in midfield while loan signing John Akinde took a place on the bench replacing Darryl Duffy who'd left to join Hibernian on loan.
|Oldham Athletic||1-1||Bristol Rovers|
|Taylor (45)||(1-1 HT)||Hoskins(8)|
|at Boundary Park||attendance: 4,039|
|1 Dean Brill||13 Mike Green|
|19 Kieran Lee||2 Carl Regan|
|2 Jean-Yves Mvoto||5 Danny Coles|
|11 Jason Jarrett||15 Byron Anthony|
|21 Paul Black||3 Gary Sawyer|
|25 Rodrigue Dibaka||16 Dominic Blizzard|
|14 Dean Furman||4 Chris Lines|
|20 Dale Stephens||7 Stuart Campbell|
|18 Chris Taylor||11 Jeff Hughes|
|9 Dean Kelly||8 Will Hoskins|
|36 Oumare Tounkara||17 Jo Kuffour|
|26 Paul Gerrard||6 James Tunnicliffe|
|16 Sean Gregan||20 Charlie Reece|
|5 Andy Holdsworth||9 John Akinde|
|3 Joe Jacobson||21 Charlie Clough|
|26 Djney Bembo-Leta||18 Eliot Richards|
|8 Dean Smalley||22 Harry Pell|
|29 Paul Dickov||23 Ben Swallow|
- 3 mins: Carl Regan booked for foul on Chris Taylor.
- 8 mins: Goal for Bristol Rovers scored by Will Hoskins.
- 45 mins: Goal for Oldham scored by Chris Taylor.
- 48 mins: Danny Coles booked for foul on Kieran Lee.
- 59 mins: John Akinde replaced Dominic Blizzard.
- 75 mins: Joe Jacobson replaced Rodrigue Dibaka.
- 80 mins: Chris Lines booked for foul on Dean Furman.
- 85 mins: Danny Coles sent off (second bookable offence) for foul on Dean Kelly.
- 86 mins: James Tunnicliffe replaced Jo Kuffour.
- 86 mins: Paul Dickov replaced Dean Kelly.
- 90+4 mins: Mike Green booked for time wasting.
- 90+8 mins: Paul Dickov booked for unsporting behaviour.