Bristol Rovers and Morecambe have faced each other just four times in competitive football, The Pirates winning two of those games and Morecambe one. The first meeting came on 24 September 2011 in League Two and ended in a 3–2 victory for the Pirates. The Shrimps were founded in 1920, and after many seasons playing non-league football they finally made it into the Football League in 2007 when they were promoted via the Conference playoff at Wembley, where they beat former (and future) Football League club Exeter City 2–1.
- Last meeting: 23 February 2013 – Morecambe 1–1 Bristol Rovers
- Biggest win: 24 September 2011 – Morecambe 2–3 Bristol Rovers
- Heaviest defeat: 1 September 2012 – Bristol Rovers 0–3 Morecambe
- Highest aggregate score: 24 September 2011 – Morecambe 2–3 Bristol Rovers
Players at both clubsEdit
Some of the players who have been on the books of both Bristol Rovers and Morecambe are listed below.
- Rene Howe was loaned to both Morecambe and Rovers by Peterborough United
- Lee Jones joined Morecambe in 2010, some ten years after he left Bristol Rovers
- Craig Stanley spent five years with Morecambe before joining Rovers from them in 2011
- Steve Yates started his career at Bristol Rovers, leaving in 1993. He signed for Morecambe in 2006, playing just eight games for them
|24 September 2011||League Two||Morecambe||2–3||Bristol Rovers|
|11 February 2012||League Two||Bristol Rovers||2–1||Morecambe|
|1 September 2012||League Two||Bristol Rovers||0–3||Morecambe|
|23 February 2013||League Two||Morecambe||1–1||Bristol Rovers|