On 2 February 2010 Rovers suffered their biggest defeat to date at the hands of Leyton Orient. The previous record had stood since 1934 when Clapton Orient, as they were then known, beat Bristol Rovers 5–2.
This League One game was also notable for the Rovers debut of loanee Wayne Brown, who was substituted and replaced by Mark Wright in the 68th minute, as well as an own goal by Pirates 'keeper Mikkel Anderson, who had the misfortune to be struck on the back by the ball after a missed penalty kick rebounded off the goalpost, onto him and into the net.
|Leyton Orient||5–0||Bristol Rovers|
Andersen (og 62)
|at Matchroom Stadium||attendance: 2,931|
|12 Jamie Jones||27 Mikkel Andersen|
|2 Stephen Purches||2 Carl Regan|
|4 Ben Chorley||5 Danny Coles|
|5 Tamika Mkandawire||15 Byron Anthony|
|11 Jason Demetriou||32 Aaron Lescott|
|8 Adam Chambers||26 Wayne Brown|
|10 Sean Thornton||4 Chris Lines|
|13 Charlie Daniels||7 Stuart Campbell|
|24 Nicky Adams||11 Jeff Hughes|
|9 Scott McGleish||8 Andy Williams|
|14 Ryan Jarvis||17 Jo Kuffour|
|1 Glenn Morris||51 Rhys Evans|
|16 Andrew Cave-Brown||6 Steve Elliott|
|19 Matthew Briggs||3 Mark Wright|
|7 JJ Melligan||16 Dominic Blizzard|
|20 Jimmy Smith||21 Charlie Clough|
|15 Jonathan Téhoué||23 Ben Swallow|
|22 James Scowcroft||28 Elliot Richards|
- 26 mins: Goal for Leyton Orient scored by Stephen Purches.
- 33 mins: Ben Swallow replaced Aaron Lescott.
- 51 mins: Goal for Leyton Orient scored by Ryan Jarvis.
- 62 mins: Goal for Leyton Orient. Own goal scored by Mikkel Andersen. Penalty awarded for a foul on Scott McGleish by Chris Lines, missed by McGleigh and rebounded off the post, off of Andersen's back and into the goal.
- 68 mins: Mark Wright and Dominic Blizzard replaced Wayne Brown and Stuart Campbell.
- 71 mins: Goal for Leyton Orient scored by Jason Demetriou.
- 73 mins: Jonathan Téhoué and James Scowcroft replaced Ryan Jarvis and Scott McGleish.
- 77 mins: Jimmy Smith replaced Nicky Adams.
- 89 mins: Goal for Leyton Orient scored by Jonathan Téhoué.