Bristol Rovers and Crystal Palace have met on 56 occasions in the Football League and in national cup competitions. Palace have the better record with 28 wins to Rovers' 20.
Interestingly, the records for Rovers' biggest win and biggest defeat to Palace came in the same season. The two games in Division Three (South) in 1931-32 finished 6-1 to Rovers at Eastville and 5-0 to Palace in London.
- Last meeting: 14 August 2007 - Bristol Rovers 1-1 Crystal Palace (Rovers won 4-1 on penalties)
- Biggest win: 5 September 1931 - Bristol Rovers 6-1 Crystal Palace
- Biggest defeat: 16 January 1932 - Crystal Palace 5-0 Bristol Rovers
- Highest aggregate score: 16 March 1927 - Crystal Palace 7-4 Bristol Rovers
Players at both clubsEdit
Rovers signed Jeff Hughes from Palace for an undisclosed fee in excess of £100,000 in June 2008. In addition to Hughes some further players to have been on the books of both clubs are listed below.
- Wayne Andrews
- Dennis Bailey
- Adam Barrett
- Michael Boateng played schoolboy football for Palace before joining Rovers in 2011
- Danny Boxall
- Wayne Carlisle signed for Rovers from Palace on a free transfer in 2002
- Lance Cronin is a graduate of the Crystal Palace youth system
- Andy Dorman was loaned to Rovers by Palace in 2011
- Christian Edwards
- Gerry Francis
- David Lee
- Nigel Martyn
- Damian Matthew
- Kevin Miller
- Brian Parkin
- Rob Quinn
- Tony Sealy
- Scott Sinclair
- Gareth Taylor
- Stuart J Taylor
- Paul Trollope
Other links between the clubs include former Rovers manager Garry Thompson, who was a player for Palace, and Palace player Tom Soares who's brother Louie Soares played a single league game for Rovers in 2005.