After a poor run of six consecutive defeats, Rovers managed to halt their slide with victory over Carlisle United at the Memorial Stadium in this League One fixture. Carlisle twice took the lead, firstly through former Republic of Ireland international Ian Harte, and after Jo Kuffour equalised for The Pirates former Bristol City man Richard Keogh gave them the lead again.
During the 2009-10 season Rovers had scored a number of late goals, and this match proved to be no exception. A superb strike from Jeff Hughes in the 82nd minute pulled The Gas level for a second time, before a headed goal from Chris Lines in the fourth minute of injury time at the end of the game gave Rovers all three points. In spite of the poor run of results, this win kept them in eighth place in the league, just two points away from a playoff position.
|Bristol Rovers||3–2||Carlisle United|
|(1–1 HT)||Harte (21)|
|at Memorial Stadium||attendance: 5,862|
|27 Mikkel Andersen||40 Lenny Pidgeley|
|2 Carl Regan||3 Evan Horwood|
|5 Danny Coles||5 Danny Livesey|
|15 Byron Anthony||14 Ian Harte|
|11 Jeff Hughes||21 Richard Keogh|
|16 Dominic Blizzard||7 Joe Anyinsah|
|4 Chris Lines||8 Graham Kavanagh|
|7 Stuart Campbell||10 Matty Robson|
|23 Ben Swallow||12 Tom Taiwo|
|9 Chris Dickson||25 Adam Clayton|
|17 Jo Kuffour||16 Vincent Pericard|
|51 Rhys Evans||1 Adam Collin|
|6 Steve Elliott||6 Peter Murphy|
|20 Charlie Reece||23 Tony Kane|
|21 Charlie Clough||4 Marc Bridge-Wilkinson|
|8 Andy Williams||24 Kevan Hurst|
|10 Darryl Duffy||9 Scott Dobie|
|18 Ben Hunt||17 Richard Offiong|
- 21 mins: Goal for Carlisle scored by Ian Harte.
- 22 mins: Tom Taiwo booked for a foul on Stuart Campbell.
- 28 mins: Carl Regan booked for a foul on Matthew Robson.
- 35 mins: Goal for Bristol Rovers scored by Jo Kuffour.
- 63 mins: Darryl Duffy replaced Chris Dickson.
- 68 mins: Andy Williams replaced Ben Swallow.
- 72 mins: Goal for Carlisle scored by Richard Keogh.
- 75 mins: Scott Dobie replaced Vincent Pericard.
- 76 mins: Charlie Reece replaced Dominic Blizzard.
- 82 mins: Goal for Bristol Rovers scored by Jeff Hughes.
- 87 mins: Kevan Hurst replaced Joe Anyinsah.
- 90+1 mins: Andy Williams booked for a foul on Tom Taiwo.
- 90+4 mins: Goal for Bristol Rovers scored by Chris Lines.