On 30 January 2010 Rovers faced a Wycombe Wanderers team that were second from bottom of League One, having only won four games all season, while Rovers had won their previous five home games. The Pirates had not conceded a goal at home since the previous November, so they were clear favourites for this clash.
The game went against the form book with Wycombe, managed by Rovers old boy Gary Waddock, running out 3–2 winners. Wycombe took the lead early on from the penalty spot through future Rovers player Matt Harrold, but two strikes from midfielder Chris Lines past ex-Pirates 'keeper Scott Shearer shortly before the break made it 2–1 to The Gas at half time. Wycombe scored from a second penalty kick in the second half before Stuart Beavon secured all three points for The Chairboys ten minutes from time. It was only Wycombe's second away win of the season, and they became the first team to complete a league double over Rovers during the 2009-10 campaign.
|Bristol Rovers||2–3||Wycombe Wanderers|
|Lines (40, 44)||(2–1 HT)||Harrold (15 pen)|
Revell (48 pen)
|at The Memorial Stadium||attendance: 6,688|
|27 Mikkel Andersen||1 Scott Shearer|
|2 Carl Regan||3 Craig Woodman|
|5 Danny Coles||23 Chris Westwood|
|15 Byron Anthony||32 Adam Hinshelwood|
|32 Aaron Lescott||8 Dean Keates|
|3 Mark Wright||20 John Mousinho|
|4 Chris Lines||24 Stuart Beavon|
|7 Stuart Campbell||27 Josh Payne|
|11 Jeff Hughes||29 Kevin Betsy|
|10 Darryl Duffy||9 Matt Harrold|
|17 Jo Kuffour||11 Alex Revell|
|51 Rhys Evans||12 Steve Arnold|
|6 Steve Elliott||6 Luke Oliver|
|16 Dominic Blizzard||15 Stuart Green|
|21 Charlie Clough||17 Lewis Montrose|
|23 Ben Swallow||18 Matt Phillips|
|8 Andy Williams||30 Kadeem Harris|
|28 Elliot Richards||16 Jon-Paul Pittman|
- 15 mins: Goal for Wycombe Wanderers scored by Matt Harrold, scored via a penalty kick following a handball by Stuart Campbell.
- 40 mins: Goal for Bristol Rovers scored by Chris Lines from a direct free kick.
- 41 mins: Matt Harrold booked for a foul on Stuart Campbell.
- 44 mins: Goal for Bristol Rovers scored by Chris Lines.
- 46 mins: Chris Lines booked for a foul on John Mousinho.
- 48 mins: Goal for Wycombe Wanderers scored by Alex Revell, scored via a penalty kick following a foul on Stuart Beavon by Danny Coles.
- 55 mins: Danny Coles booked for a foul on Stuart Beavon.
- 56 mins: Stuart Beavon booked.
- 56 mins: Andy Williams replaced Mark Wright.
- 80 mins: Goal for Wycombe Wanderers scored by Stuart Beavon.
- 81 mins: Jon-Paul Pittman replaced Alex Revell and Ben Swallow replaced Aaron Lescott.
- 90+1 mins: Luke Oliver replaced Stuart Beavon.