Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon met for the first time at the beginning of the 2011–12 season, in a game that was Wimbledon's first ever in the Football League. To date Rovers have won three and lost one of the games played between the two clubs.
AFC Wimbledon were formed in 2002 by a group of disillusioned Wimbledon fans, unhappy with their club's move to Milton Keynes, when they entered the premier division of the Combined Counties League. It only took them two seasons to be promoted for the first time, when they went up to the Isthmian League's first division. They won that at the first attempt, gaining promotion to that league's premier division, then three years later they went up again to the Conference South.
Yet another promotion followed the following season, in 2009, when they won the Conference South title at the first attempt, then two years later they entered the Football League for the first time via the Conference play-off. The club enjoyed remarkably high attendances throughout their time in non-league football.
- Last meeting: 6 April 2013 – Bristol Rovers 1–0 AFC Wimbledon
- Biggest win: 6 August 2011 – AFC Wimbledon 2–3 Bristol Rovers
- Heaviest defeat: 23 October 2012 – AFC Wimbledon 3–1 Bristol Rovers
- Highest aggregate score: 6 August 2011 – AFC Wimbledon 2–3 Bristol Rovers
Players at both clubsEdit
Some of the players who have been on the books of both Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon are listed below.
- Giuliano Grazioli had a loan spell at AFC Wimbledon in 2007, four years after leaving Rovers
- Harry Pell signed for AFC Wimbledon in 2013, 18 months after leaving Rovers
- Dwayne Plummer, who was at Rovers from 2000 until 2002, joined the Dons in late August 2005 and remained there until the end of the 2005–06 season
- Rob Quinn played for Rovers between 2002 and 2004 and for AFC Wimbledon from 2007 to 2008
Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon have faced each other just once in the Dons' brief history in a game that Rovers won 3–2.
|6 August 2011||League Two||AFC Wimbledon||2–3||Bristol Rovers|
|17 March 2012||League Two||Bristol Rovers||1–0||AFC Wimbledon|
|23 October 2012||League Two||AFC Wimbledon||3–1||Bristol Rovers|
|6 April 2013||League Two||Bristol Rovers||1–0||AFC Wimbledon|